Quick Start Guide
The basic steps for starting a screen share using the API are as follows:
- Make a screen share request to http://api.screenleap.com to create a new session:
curl -H "accountid:<accountid>" -H "authtoken:<authtoken>"-X POST http://api.screenleap.com/v2/screen-shares
Get a response back containing the screenShareData and viewerUrl.
- Copy the HTML snippet below into the page on your site that you show to your presenter and replace screenShareData with the data you got back from the request above:
- Redirect your viewers to the redirectUrl, or embed an iframe into the page you show your viewers with the viewerUrl as the source.
STEP 1: Create a Developer Account
STEP 2: Try Out the API Demo
The API demo uses your
authtoken to launch screen shares, and shows you the code that backs these controls.
You will be able to try out the available configuration options and see how it affects the screen share.
STEP 3: Read the API Documentation
Learn more about the API and how to integrate with it:
- Get an overview for how the Screenleap API is structured.
- Read through the sections on integrating with the API.
- See a complete list of available API Calls.
STEP 4: Start Your Integration
Use our reference integration as the starting point for your own integration. The reference integration includes best practices for integrating with our API.